Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gilt City Chicago Warehouse Sale

        I definitely picked a great weekend for a trip back to Chicago because I was able to participate in Halloween weekend fun, the Chicago Cooking Expo, and the Gilt City Chicago Warehouse Sale.

        Because it was such a busy trip, I had prior commitments during most of the sale time slots and chose to attend the last session from 4 – 6pm on Saturday. October 27.

        The admission was $5 but attendees of this session were given a $5 discount at check out. Other sessions included Friday, October 26 from 9:30pm – 11:30pm, and Saturday at 10am – 12pm, 12pm to 2pm, and 2pm – 4pm. Admission prices varied from $5 - $20 depending on the time slot.



       
        I didn’t notice any of the snacks or makeup application stations when I arrived, but at that point I wasn’t really looking – definitely wanted to get right into shopping! There was a lot of VitaCoco coconut water and FIJI water as well as plenty of alcoholic drinks. I am a fan of VeeV and tried one of their drink offerings. I enjoyed the margarita flavor and will try the organic lemonade and organic cosmopolitan versions if I see them.

        The floor was busy but pretty picked over. Many accessories/bags were broken or ripped when I got there and there was no organization of the swimwear/undergarments. Shoes were decently organized but not much selection, though I did happen to see something great just as I was leaving!  A lot of the bedding packages were opened and contents splayed out but I didn't look at other homeware/pet/child items. Prices were definitely lower than Gilt online prices.

        Saw a lot of Valentino, Red Valentino, Marni, Lafayette 148, Narcisco Rodriguez, Helmut Lang, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and some Alexander McQueen, Emilio Pucci, Mark & James, M Missoni, Rachel Zoe, and a lot of scattered brands. Most of them were great deals and some on pretty nice merchandise, but still out of my price range.

My haul:
I bought some Spanx ‘Skinny Britches’ ($10, $17 on Gilt, MSRP $35)


  Also bought this v-neck top by Robert Rodriguez ($29.99, $79 on Gilt, MSRP $135, ). The top pictured that Gilt lists is white and sleeveless, but the one I bought is a purple color and the sleeve is able to be unfolded into a flutter sleeve.

 
Spotted these hot dv by Dolce Vita Phea pumps on the way to check out and leave! So lucky. ($29.99, $69 on Gilt, MSRP $105)

        My SO got a black and blue/white striped BOSS Hugo Boss dress shirt for $49.99. There was another shirt he wanted to get but it had a rip in it. Always remember to inspect before you buy since all sales are final!

        Had a great time and hope to do it again at an earlier time slot and have more time to enjoy the drinks.

Check out Gilt: http://ow.ly/eymBI [invite link]
Gilt City is available for Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C.: http://gi.lt/KHuiRC [invite link]

No comments:

Post a Comment